Fog disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Thick fog once again disrupted
operations at the IGI airport here this morning, affecting the
schedules of around 15 flights.
About 14 flights were delayed by upto three hours
while one Jetlite flight to Mumbai was cancelled as dense fog
enveloped the airport.
The runway visibility was around 150 to 275 metres for
both the runways in the morning and flight operations were
being carried out using the CAT-III B instrument landing
system, an airport official said.
Last evening, the Air Traffic Control (ATC) system at
IGI airport crashed during peak hours disrupting flight
operations for around two hours and creating chaos on a day
when fog had already thrown air traffic out of gear.
The navigation system software crashed leading to
landing and take-off delays involving around 40 aircraft of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living