Fog disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Thick fog once again disrupted
operations at the IGI airport here this morning, affecting the
schedules of around 15 flights.
About 14 flights were delayed by upto three hours
while one Jetlite flight to Mumbai was cancelled as dense fog
enveloped the airport.
The runway visibility was around 150 to 275 metres for
both the runways in the morning and flight operations were
being carried out using the CAT-III B instrument landing
system, an airport official said.
Last evening, the Air Traffic Control (ATC) system at
IGI airport crashed during peak hours disrupting flight
operations for around two hours and creating chaos on a day
when fog had already thrown air traffic out of gear.
The navigation system software crashed leading to
landing and take-off delays involving around 40 aircraft of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation