Fog disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Thick fog once again disrupted
operations at the IGI airport here this morning, affecting the
schedules of around 15 flights.
About 14 flights were delayed by upto three hours
while one Jetlite flight to Mumbai was cancelled as dense fog
enveloped the airport.
The runway visibility was around 150 to 275 metres for
both the runways in the morning and flight operations were
being carried out using the CAT-III B instrument landing
system, an airport official said.
Last evening, the Air Traffic Control (ATC) system at
IGI airport crashed during peak hours disrupting flight
operations for around two hours and creating chaos on a day
when fog had already thrown air traffic out of gear.
The navigation system software crashed leading to
landing and take-off delays involving around 40 aircraft of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday