Fog disrupts train movement in north India
New Delhi: Low visibility due to fog disrupted train operations on Saturday with 16 trains coming from Bihar, Bengal, Assam, Odisha and other states running behind schedule by several hours.
While Brahmaputra Mail is running 12 hours late, Jansadharan Express and Magadh Express have been delayed by five and four hours respectively, a Northern Railways official said.
The departure schedules of Mahananda Express and Northeast Express have been rescheduled due to fog, according to the official.
Loco drivers are being instructed to run trains at low speed during foggy conditions.
Railways have already cancelled services of about 10 trains till January 16 in anticipation of dense fog during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry