Fog disrupts train movement in north India
New Delhi: Low visibility due to fog disrupted train operations on Saturday with 16 trains coming from Bihar, Bengal, Assam, Odisha and other states running behind schedule by several hours.
While Brahmaputra Mail is running 12 hours late, Jansadharan Express and Magadh Express have been delayed by five and four hours respectively, a Northern Railways official said.
The departure schedules of Mahananda Express and Northeast Express have been rescheduled due to fog, according to the official.
Loco drivers are being instructed to run trains at low speed during foggy conditions.
Railways have already cancelled services of about 10 trains till January 16 in anticipation of dense fog during the period.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says