Fog havoc: 114 trains affected
New Delhi: Scores of passengers continued to
suffer as foggy weather condition continued to affect movement
of more than 110 trains, including Rajdhani Express, across
the country on Wednesday.
While 78 trains are running late, departure timings of 24
trains were being rescheduled by railways.
"We have announced cancellation of a few trains from
tomorrow till the fog situation prevails", said a senior
Northern Railway official.
Some passenger trains including Delhi-Ambala, Kalka-Delhi,
Delhi-Saharanpur, Delhi-Hapur, Ghaziabad-Hapur, and
Delhi-Shamli, Delhi trains are cancelled till the fog condition
Kanpur Shatabdi, Rewa Express, Sealdah Sampark Kranti
Express and Licchavi Express are among the dozen trains which
have been cancelled on Wednesday.
Many important trains like Rajdhani and Shatabdi are
running much behind schedule.
While Chhattishgarh Express is running 25 hours late,
Purushotam Express and Mahabodhi Express are behind schedule
by 16 hours and 14 hours respectively. Brahmaputra Mail and
Gorakhdham Express are also running 10 hours and 11 hours late
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...