Fog havoc: 114 trains affected
New Delhi: Scores of passengers continued to
suffer as foggy weather condition continued to affect movement
of more than 110 trains, including Rajdhani Express, across
the country on Wednesday.
While 78 trains are running late, departure timings of 24
trains were being rescheduled by railways.
"We have announced cancellation of a few trains from
tomorrow till the fog situation prevails", said a senior
Northern Railway official.
Some passenger trains including Delhi-Ambala, Kalka-Delhi,
Delhi-Saharanpur, Delhi-Hapur, Ghaziabad-Hapur, and
Delhi-Shamli, Delhi trains are cancelled till the fog condition
Kanpur Shatabdi, Rewa Express, Sealdah Sampark Kranti
Express and Licchavi Express are among the dozen trains which
have been cancelled on Wednesday.
Many important trains like Rajdhani and Shatabdi are
running much behind schedule.
While Chhattishgarh Express is running 25 hours late,
Purushotam Express and Mahabodhi Express are behind schedule
by 16 hours and 14 hours respectively. Brahmaputra Mail and
Gorakhdham Express are also running 10 hours and 11 hours late
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test