Fog hits train, flight ops in North India
New Delhi: Dense fog in many parts of North
India today affected rail traffic with 30 trains running late.
The Patna-Delhi Rajdhani was among the trains delayed, a
Northern Railway Spokesperson said.
Purshottam Express, Vaishali Express and Jansadharan
Express were among the mail and express trains running late.
Yesterday, 54 trains, including Rajdhani were rescheduled
due to fog.
Flight operations at the IGI Airport were hit this morning with 40
flights delayed and four others cancelled.
Five international flights were diverted to nearby
airports due to poor visibility.
The visibility at the main runway was between 150-175
metres, while at the new runway it was between 75-100 metres.
General visibility was less than 50 metres and some of
the flights landed using CAT-IIIB instrument landing system,
an airport official said.
With visibility dipping below the prescribed limit of 125
metres and 150 metres for different types of aircrafts,
flights were not able to take off and were delayed by upto 5
Two Jet Airways flights from Dubai and Doha and two Air
India flights from Muscat and Abu Dhabi and a Royal Jordan
flight from Amman were diverted to nearby airports.
Four domestic flights to Lucknow, Kochi, Bangalore and
Chandigarh were cancelled. The airport has been witnessing fog
for the last three days due to which flight schedule has been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'