Fog hits train, flight ops in North India
New Delhi: Dense fog in many parts of North
India today affected rail traffic with 30 trains running late.
The Patna-Delhi Rajdhani was among the trains delayed, a
Northern Railway Spokesperson said.
Purshottam Express, Vaishali Express and Jansadharan
Express were among the mail and express trains running late.
Yesterday, 54 trains, including Rajdhani were rescheduled
due to fog.
Flight operations at the IGI Airport were hit this morning with 40
flights delayed and four others cancelled.
Five international flights were diverted to nearby
airports due to poor visibility.
The visibility at the main runway was between 150-175
metres, while at the new runway it was between 75-100 metres.
General visibility was less than 50 metres and some of
the flights landed using CAT-IIIB instrument landing system,
an airport official said.
With visibility dipping below the prescribed limit of 125
metres and 150 metres for different types of aircrafts,
flights were not able to take off and were delayed by upto 5
Two Jet Airways flights from Dubai and Doha and two Air
India flights from Muscat and Abu Dhabi and a Royal Jordan
flight from Amman were diverted to nearby airports.
Four domestic flights to Lucknow, Kochi, Bangalore and
Chandigarh were cancelled. The airport has been witnessing fog
for the last three days due to which flight schedule has been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Vikram Bhatt rips apart Kamaal R Khan through FB post! – Full text
- Google may launch its own handset to take on Apple
- Faulty gear-shift lever makes FCA recall 13,092 Maserati cars in US
- Pakistan looks for paid lobbyist in US after recent diplomatic disasters
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata releases exam dates for PGET 2016