Fog hits train movement in north India
New Delhi: Over 35 trains were delayed this
morning due to dense fog over Delhi and parts of North India.
A Northern Railway spokesperson said the trains, which recorded disruptions due to fog included the Rajdhani Express trains from Patna, Howrah, Mumbai and Bhubaneshwar.
These trains are running over two hours behind schedule while the other mail and express trains are reported to be running four to six hours behind their scheduled time.
Northern Railways had earlier cancelled around 30 trains anticipating foggy conditions during winter.
Dense fog in north India has hit train movement with 16 trains running late yesterday and 39 others cancelled.
"We are constantly updating our website and the railway inquiry system is also being strengthened to inform passengers about the train position," a senior Northern Railway official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened