Fog hits train movement in north India
New Delhi: Over 35 trains were delayed this
morning due to dense fog over Delhi and parts of North India.
A Northern Railway spokesperson said the trains, which recorded disruptions due to fog included the Rajdhani Express trains from Patna, Howrah, Mumbai and Bhubaneshwar.
These trains are running over two hours behind schedule while the other mail and express trains are reported to be running four to six hours behind their scheduled time.
Northern Railways had earlier cancelled around 30 trains anticipating foggy conditions during winter.
Dense fog in north India has hit train movement with 16 trains running late yesterday and 39 others cancelled.
"We are constantly updating our website and the railway inquiry system is also being strengthened to inform passengers about the train position," a senior Northern Railway official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority