Fog hits train movement in north India
New Delhi: Over 35 trains were delayed this
morning due to dense fog over Delhi and parts of North India.
A Northern Railway spokesperson said the trains, which recorded disruptions due to fog included the Rajdhani Express trains from Patna, Howrah, Mumbai and Bhubaneshwar.
These trains are running over two hours behind schedule while the other mail and express trains are reported to be running four to six hours behind their scheduled time.
Northern Railways had earlier cancelled around 30 trains anticipating foggy conditions during winter.
Dense fog in north India has hit train movement with 16 trains running late yesterday and 39 others cancelled.
"We are constantly updating our website and the railway inquiry system is also being strengthened to inform passengers about the train position," a senior Northern Railway official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016