Fog hits train movement in north India
New Delhi: Over 35 trains were delayed this
morning due to dense fog over Delhi and parts of North India.
A Northern Railway spokesperson said the trains, which recorded disruptions due to fog included the Rajdhani Express trains from Patna, Howrah, Mumbai and Bhubaneshwar.
These trains are running over two hours behind schedule while the other mail and express trains are reported to be running four to six hours behind their scheduled time.
Northern Railways had earlier cancelled around 30 trains anticipating foggy conditions during winter.
Dense fog in north India has hit train movement with 16 trains running late yesterday and 39 others cancelled.
"We are constantly updating our website and the railway inquiry system is also being strengthened to inform passengers about the train position," a senior Northern Railway official
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi