Fog partially disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Flight operations at the IGI
Airport were partially affected due to poor visibility after
dense fog enveloped the area this morning.
Fog started to descend over the airport late last night,
forcing authorities to implement low visibility procedures.
About 15 flights were delayed or cancelled due to poor
weather conditions at the destinations or operational reason.
Yesterday, around 78 flights were delayed and six
cancelled due to operational reasons or bad weather at the
The runway visibility dipped to around 700 metres on main
runway while it hovered around 300 metres at the new and
second runways, an airport official said.
Yesterday, around 420 flights operated using CAT I and
CAT II instrument landing system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje