Fog partially disrupts flight operations at IGI
New Delhi: Flight operations at the IGI
Airport were partially affected due to poor visibility after
dense fog enveloped the area this morning.
Fog started to descend over the airport late last night,
forcing authorities to implement low visibility procedures.
About 15 flights were delayed or cancelled due to poor
weather conditions at the destinations or operational reason.
Yesterday, around 78 flights were delayed and six
cancelled due to operational reasons or bad weather at the
The runway visibility dipped to around 700 metres on main
runway while it hovered around 300 metres at the new and
second runways, an airport official said.
Yesterday, around 420 flights operated using CAT I and
CAT II instrument landing system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly