Fog returns to disrupt flights, trains in Delhi
New Delhi: Air operations at the IGI
airport were disrupted on Tuesday due to dense fog, affecting the
schedules of over 35 domestic and international flights.
"After a clear day yesterday, IGI airport was
blanketed with dense fog leading to cancellations of 11
flights. Twenty-four inbound and outbound flights were
rescheduled and two were diverted as the runway visibility
dropped to 150 metres late last night," an airport official
Fog started to descend on the airport around 10.30 pm
and the runway visibility started to deteriorate forcing the
airport authorities to implement low visibility procedures and
flights were operating with the help of instrument landing
The runway visibility further dropped to less than 150
metres around midnight, disrupting the schedules of
Flights from Dubai, Kuwait, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and
Beijing were delayed by upto three to four hours.Due to this,
outbound flights to these destinations had to be rescheduled,
Though visibility improved in the wee hours and the
runway visibility increased to 1500 metres for the main runway
and hovered around 500 metres for the new runway, it once
again dipped to a low of 950 metres and 350 metres in the
Eight domestic flights to Srinagar, Amritsar, Imphal,
Patna and Allahabad were either delayed or rescheduled due to
poor weather conditions in those cities.
Some flight, which were scheduled to arrive late at
night, were also rescheduled due to poor visibility at the
Delhi airport, sources said.
Trains services disrupted
Dense fog in parts of North
India again disrupted rail services today with 14 trains being
cancelled and several of them rescheduled.
"The large number of cancellations this morning was
done due to the foggy weather conditions in some places in
North India and the cascading effect of last Saturday`s train
accident near Tundla," a Northern Railway spokesperson said.
The cancelled trains include the Taj Express, the
Shan-e-Punjab Express, the Kaifyat Express, the Amritsar
Express and the Mahabodhi Express.
Railways have already announced cancellation of 19
other trains till January 31.
The spokesperson said five trains including the Poorva
Express to Howrah, Sampark Kranti Express to Bhubaneswar and
the North East Express to Guwahati have been rescheduled
He said 24 trains including the Rajdhanis` from
Rajendra Nagar (Patna) and Bhubaneswar were reported to be
running several hours behind schedule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley