Followed BJP`s `path` while hosting lunch for Pak PM: Khurshid
Farrukhabad: External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Saturday took jibe at the BJP for the criticism for hosting a lunch for Pakistani Prime Minister, saying he was only following the traditions established by the opposition party when it was in power.
"This path was shown by the BJP... Atalji had fed biryani to Musharraf in Agra ... We are only trying to tread the same path. The BJP has to oppose the government and it will do the same", Khurshid said.
He was talking to newspersons in an informal chat after inaugurating a dairy in his parliamentary constituency here.
Khurshid had hosted a lunch for Pakistani Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in Jaipur during his visit to the Ajmer Shareif dargah earlier this month.
BJP president Rajnath Singh has alleged that the UPA government extended a red carpet welcome to Pakistan PM Ashraf after the killing of two Indian soldiers.
"Our soldiers were killed by Pakistani forces. And, instead of registering strong protest, what is our government doing? ...Our External Affairs Minister is hosting lunch for him and he is being served biriyani," Singh said.
On the Sri Lanka issue, Khurshid said that although it is being opposed but the government is against making it a political issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note