Food bill makes mockery of federalism: Trinamool C
New Delhi: The Trinamool Congress Monday said certain provisions of the food bill are making a mockery of the country`s federal structure.
Speaking in the Rajya Sabha during the debate on the food bill, party leader Derek O`Brien said "The UPA is `under pressure alliance` and in a hurry to pass the bill."
"This bill says the state will have to comply with whatever directions the central government gives ... This is a mockery of federalism," he argued.
O`Brien said the scheme is encouraging farmers to grow only cereals and cereals are not the solution to malnutrition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog