Food bill to be taken up in LS on Monday: Kamal Nath
New Delhi: Food Security Bill, which could not be taken up despite being listed in Lok Sabha`s business since Aug 19, will come up for discussion and passage now on Monday.
"The House will function tomorrow (Saturday). But a large of members and leaders have stated that they are going to be away...Many members and leaders want to speak on the Food Security Bill," he told reporters outside Parliament House.
"So they have requested the Speaker that the Food Security Bill should not be taken up tomorrow, but on Monday. So the Bill will be taken up on Monday," he said.
However, there will be no sitting of Rajya Sabha tomorrow.
Parliament has witnessed disruptions blocking passage of the Bill.
Asked about extention of the session beyond August 30 when it is scheduled to end, the Minister said Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs will meet soon to decide on the issue.
According to Parliament sources, moves are afoot to extend the Monsoon Session till September 4.
To a query, the Minister said the Speaker will fix a date for the debate in Lok Sabha on the issue of missing coal files.
On the protest of some of the suspended Seemandhra MPs in the House, Kamal Nath said, "What happens in the precincts of the House has to be decided by the Speaker."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death