`Food grain distribution on 2011 Census basis`
Srinagar: The Centre Wednesday said that
public distribution of food grains will be made as per the Census 2011 from December this year.
"We will be distributing the food grains under the
various schemes as per the 2011 Census," Union Minister of State for Food and Public Distribution K V Thomas told reporters here.
He said the distribution according to the latest
census figures will be implemented by December this year.
Thomas, who met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and state
CAPD Minister Qamar Ali Akhoon yesterday, said the central
schemes are being implemented "quite well" in the state.
The Union Minister said Private Entrepreneurs Guarantee
Scheme (PEGS) will be initiated in the State to develop
storage capacity in the private sector under PPP mode.
Thomas said the PEGS would help to built storage
capacity for 3.60 lakh tonnes of food grains.
He assured full support of his Ministry to the State
for upgrading and improving public distribution affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH