`Food grain distribution on 2011 Census basis`
Srinagar: The Centre Wednesday said that
public distribution of food grains will be made as per the Census 2011 from December this year.
"We will be distributing the food grains under the
various schemes as per the 2011 Census," Union Minister of State for Food and Public Distribution K V Thomas told reporters here.
He said the distribution according to the latest
census figures will be implemented by December this year.
Thomas, who met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and state
CAPD Minister Qamar Ali Akhoon yesterday, said the central
schemes are being implemented "quite well" in the state.
The Union Minister said Private Entrepreneurs Guarantee
Scheme (PEGS) will be initiated in the State to develop
storage capacity in the private sector under PPP mode.
Thomas said the PEGS would help to built storage
capacity for 3.60 lakh tonnes of food grains.
He assured full support of his Ministry to the State
for upgrading and improving public distribution affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Maharashtra govt to transfer 933 cr lottery revenue loss case to CBI
- Donald Trump accuses Hillary Clinton for email scandal of Democratic party
- Thinking like a batsman the mantra for successful field placing: Virat Kohli
- NIA files charge sheet against three men deported from UAE for ISIS links