`Food grain distribution on 2011 Census basis`
Srinagar: The Centre Wednesday said that
public distribution of food grains will be made as per the Census 2011 from December this year.
"We will be distributing the food grains under the
various schemes as per the 2011 Census," Union Minister of State for Food and Public Distribution K V Thomas told reporters here.
He said the distribution according to the latest
census figures will be implemented by December this year.
Thomas, who met Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and state
CAPD Minister Qamar Ali Akhoon yesterday, said the central
schemes are being implemented "quite well" in the state.
The Union Minister said Private Entrepreneurs Guarantee
Scheme (PEGS) will be initiated in the State to develop
storage capacity in the private sector under PPP mode.
Thomas said the PEGS would help to built storage
capacity for 3.60 lakh tonnes of food grains.
He assured full support of his Ministry to the State
for upgrading and improving public distribution affairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital