Food Security Bill to be introduced in Par winter session
Kolkata: The proposed Food Security Bill, which guarantees food to poor, will be introduced in the Parliament winter session in December, Union Minister KV Thomas said here on Tuesday.
"We expect the standing committee to finalise suggestions for the bill and then it will be cleared by the Cabinet. We expect to place the bill in December during the winter session," the Consumer and Food minister said.
The standing committee would debate fresh suggestions received to offer 5 kg foodgrain per month covering 70 per cent of the priority sector population and keeping the existing schemes, he said on the sidelines of a seminar on food security organised by the Bureau of Indian Standards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!