Food Security Bill to be introduced in Par winter session
Kolkata: The proposed Food Security Bill, which guarantees food to poor, will be introduced in the Parliament winter session in December, Union Minister KV Thomas said here on Tuesday.
"We expect the standing committee to finalise suggestions for the bill and then it will be cleared by the Cabinet. We expect to place the bill in December during the winter session," the Consumer and Food minister said.
The standing committee would debate fresh suggestions received to offer 5 kg foodgrain per month covering 70 per cent of the priority sector population and keeping the existing schemes, he said on the sidelines of a seminar on food security organised by the Bureau of Indian Standards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections