Food Security Bill to be introduced in Par winter session
Kolkata: The proposed Food Security Bill, which guarantees food to poor, will be introduced in the Parliament winter session in December, Union Minister KV Thomas said here on Tuesday.
"We expect the standing committee to finalise suggestions for the bill and then it will be cleared by the Cabinet. We expect to place the bill in December during the winter session," the Consumer and Food minister said.
The standing committee would debate fresh suggestions received to offer 5 kg foodgrain per month covering 70 per cent of the priority sector population and keeping the existing schemes, he said on the sidelines of a seminar on food security organised by the Bureau of Indian Standards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details