Food Security Bill to be introduced in Par winter session
Kolkata: The proposed Food Security Bill, which guarantees food to poor, will be introduced in the Parliament winter session in December, Union Minister KV Thomas said here on Tuesday.
"We expect the standing committee to finalise suggestions for the bill and then it will be cleared by the Cabinet. We expect to place the bill in December during the winter session," the Consumer and Food minister said.
The standing committee would debate fresh suggestions received to offer 5 kg foodgrain per month covering 70 per cent of the priority sector population and keeping the existing schemes, he said on the sidelines of a seminar on food security organised by the Bureau of Indian Standards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?