Food Security Bill to be introduced in Par winter session
Kolkata: The proposed Food Security Bill, which guarantees food to poor, will be introduced in the Parliament winter session in December, Union Minister KV Thomas said here on Tuesday.
"We expect the standing committee to finalise suggestions for the bill and then it will be cleared by the Cabinet. We expect to place the bill in December during the winter session," the Consumer and Food minister said.
The standing committee would debate fresh suggestions received to offer 5 kg foodgrain per month covering 70 per cent of the priority sector population and keeping the existing schemes, he said on the sidelines of a seminar on food security organised by the Bureau of Indian Standards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- East India's first cadaver liver transplant in Kolkata
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film