Food Security Bill to soon become reality: Tewari
Ludhiana: The food security bill envisaging entitlement of foodgrains for 67 per cent of the population will soon become a reality, Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Sunday said.
Addressing a gathering here, Tewari said the Cabinet has given its nod to the modified Food Security Bill last week and the same was reintroduced in the Lok Sabha last Friday.
He expressed hope the bill will soon be passed in the Parliament. The Bill guarantees 5 kg of foodgrains per person per month, while families in the poorest of the poor will continue to get 35 kg of grains per month.
Rice will be sold through ration shops at Rs 3 per kg, wheat at Rs 2 and millets at Re 1 in the first three years of the implementation of the Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh