Food Security Bill to soon become reality: Tewari
Ludhiana: The food security bill envisaging entitlement of foodgrains for 67 per cent of the population will soon become a reality, Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Sunday said.
Addressing a gathering here, Tewari said the Cabinet has given its nod to the modified Food Security Bill last week and the same was reintroduced in the Lok Sabha last Friday.
He expressed hope the bill will soon be passed in the Parliament. The Bill guarantees 5 kg of foodgrains per person per month, while families in the poorest of the poor will continue to get 35 kg of grains per month.
Rice will be sold through ration shops at Rs 3 per kg, wheat at Rs 2 and millets at Re 1 in the first three years of the implementation of the Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Islam doesn't allow women to visit graves, Haji Ali Dargah is one of them: Chairman
- Davis Cup: India to host Spain under flood-lights
- India, US eye bilateral trade worth $500 billion: Report
- GST, reforms to boost bilateral trade with India, address biz climate issues: US
- REVEALED: Gianni Infantino says FIFA salary less than USD 2m, well below Sepp Blatter earned