Food Security Bill to soon become reality: Tewari
Ludhiana: The food security bill envisaging entitlement of foodgrains for 67 per cent of the population will soon become a reality, Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Sunday said.
Addressing a gathering here, Tewari said the Cabinet has given its nod to the modified Food Security Bill last week and the same was reintroduced in the Lok Sabha last Friday.
He expressed hope the bill will soon be passed in the Parliament. The Bill guarantees 5 kg of foodgrains per person per month, while families in the poorest of the poor will continue to get 35 kg of grains per month.
Rice will be sold through ration shops at Rs 3 per kg, wheat at Rs 2 and millets at Re 1 in the first three years of the implementation of the Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'