Food Security Bill to soon become reality: Tewari
Ludhiana: The food security bill envisaging entitlement of foodgrains for 67 per cent of the population will soon become a reality, Union Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari on Sunday said.
Addressing a gathering here, Tewari said the Cabinet has given its nod to the modified Food Security Bill last week and the same was reintroduced in the Lok Sabha last Friday.
He expressed hope the bill will soon be passed in the Parliament. The Bill guarantees 5 kg of foodgrains per person per month, while families in the poorest of the poor will continue to get 35 kg of grains per month.
Rice will be sold through ration shops at Rs 3 per kg, wheat at Rs 2 and millets at Re 1 in the first three years of the implementation of the Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scorpio with 'Intelli-Hybrid' tech launched at Rs 9.74 lakh
- Most Germans fear terrorist attack after train axe assault: Poll
- My son didn't do anything wrong: Dayashankar Singh's mother
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt gunning for Russian ban at Rio; says move will scare drug cheats
- Video row: Speaker Mahajan hints at action even as Bhagwant Mann apologies