Food Security Ordinance a copied act: Parkash Singh Badal
Kharar: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday termed the Centre`s Food Security Ordinance as a "copied act".
Speaking here after attending a function to mark the death anniversary of BSP leader Maan Singh Manhera, the Chief Minister said the SAD-BJP government in Punjab has been providing food security to the poor through its Atta-Dal scheme for long and termed the Ordinance as a "copied act", according to an official release.
However, Badal categorically said the state government would not hesitate to implement any scheme which was in the larger interest of the poor.
Blaming the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre for the country`s "pity condition," he said writing was on the wall that after the next general elections, BJP-led NDA alliance would come to power.
"Current political scenario of the country was a clear indication that people are fed up with UPA`s policies," he said alleging, "Rampant corruption coupled with exorbitant hike in costs of essential commodities has made people`s life miserable."
On Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s claim on Chandigarh, Badal reiterated that only Punjab has the legitimate right over the city and said Hooda must desist from making "frivolous statements."
Earlier, the Chief Minister paid rich tributes to Manhera and recalled his services for upliftment of poor and weaker sections of the society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla