Fool-proof security for BJP conclave in Indore: Centre
New Delhi: The Centre on Monday said fool-proof
security arrangements will be made for the three-day BJP
national executive meeting from February 17 in Indore, which
is said to be on the radar of terrorists.
In the wake of intelligence inputs that terrorists may
target the commercial hub of Madhya Pradesh, the Home Ministry
has assured the state government all assistance to ensure
adequate security measures to the BJP conclave.
In the wake of the Pune blast, the Home Ministry had
sounded a terror alert for Indore, Delhi and Kanpur.
"BJP national executive in Indore will have fool-proof
security arrangements. Yesterday`s terror alert issued by the
Ministry will cover the delegates and the venue," an official
Top BJP leadership, including L K Advani, Nitin Gadkari,
Sushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitley, Rajnath Singh, Gujarat chief
minister Narendra Modi besides representatives from all states
will participate in the conference.
"If necessary, we will provide additional central
paramilitary force to Madhya Pradesh," the official said.
Inspector General (Indore range) Sanjay Rana had
yesterday said that at least 800 personnel would secure the
BJP meet venue and an additional 700 policemen have already
been deployed for protecting the city.
The Madhya Pradesh police have also set up new check
points in Indore besides taking the help of the state
Anti-Terrorism Squad to secure the city.
Thorough checking at all entry and exit routes of the
city has been initiated. Sensitive places in the city have
been kept under surveillance and pickets have been set up.
Fearing that the national conclave could be the target of
a terror attack, the BJP on its own also is taking all steps
to secure the venue and may lodge some of its senior leaders
in hotels instead of tents as planned earlier.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India