Forceful eviction of Baba Ramdev shocking: IAIF
Washington: Expressing shock at forceful
eviction of Baba Ramdev and his followers from Ramlila Maidan,
a New York-based Indian American body termed it as a dangerous
attack on the democratic set up in India.
"Baba Ramdev`s intent behind this movement is to bring
back approximately USD nine trillion stolen from poor Indians
and stashed in foreign countries; and he is determined to
reverse this awful trajectory," the New-York based Indian
American Intellectual Forum (IAIF) said in a statement.
Under no circumstances it was supposed to create a law
and order problem as is being claimed by the Central
Government, Forum`s president Narain Kataria said.
"Baba Ramdev`s allegation that there was a sinister
conspiracy to kill him has to be investigated by the Central
Bureau of Investigation," he said, adding the reign of
repression let lose against thousands of peaceful men, women
and children by 5,000 Delhi policemen should be vehemently
condemned with the contempt it deserves.
It is a naked fascism as practiced by dictators in
Middle Eastern countries, Kataria alleged.
"The Indians are determined to take back Government of
India from their corrupt rulers. Make no mistake; they are
waking up silently, slowly but surely. They are not going to
stop till the goal is reached," the Forum said.
- Next Odd-Even phase only after public consultation: Satyendar Jain
- IPL 9: Kings XI Punjab's Shaun Marsh ruled out for remainder of the tournament
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders vs Royal Challengers Bangalore – Players to watch out for; probable playing XIs
- AIADMK protests transfers of IAS, IPS officers by Election Commission
- Body of murdered Kerala nurse arrives from Oman