Forceful eviction of Baba Ramdev shocking: IAIF
Washington: Expressing shock at forceful
eviction of Baba Ramdev and his followers from Ramlila Maidan,
a New York-based Indian American body termed it as a dangerous
attack on the democratic set up in India.
"Baba Ramdev`s intent behind this movement is to bring
back approximately USD nine trillion stolen from poor Indians
and stashed in foreign countries; and he is determined to
reverse this awful trajectory," the New-York based Indian
American Intellectual Forum (IAIF) said in a statement.
Under no circumstances it was supposed to create a law
and order problem as is being claimed by the Central
Government, Forum`s president Narain Kataria said.
"Baba Ramdev`s allegation that there was a sinister
conspiracy to kill him has to be investigated by the Central
Bureau of Investigation," he said, adding the reign of
repression let lose against thousands of peaceful men, women
and children by 5,000 Delhi policemen should be vehemently
condemned with the contempt it deserves.
It is a naked fascism as practiced by dictators in
Middle Eastern countries, Kataria alleged.
"The Indians are determined to take back Government of
India from their corrupt rulers. Make no mistake; they are
waking up silently, slowly but surely. They are not going to
stop till the goal is reached," the Forum said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials