Forceful eviction of Baba Ramdev shocking: IAIF
Washington: Expressing shock at forceful
eviction of Baba Ramdev and his followers from Ramlila Maidan,
a New York-based Indian American body termed it as a dangerous
attack on the democratic set up in India.
"Baba Ramdev`s intent behind this movement is to bring
back approximately USD nine trillion stolen from poor Indians
and stashed in foreign countries; and he is determined to
reverse this awful trajectory," the New-York based Indian
American Intellectual Forum (IAIF) said in a statement.
Under no circumstances it was supposed to create a law
and order problem as is being claimed by the Central
Government, Forum`s president Narain Kataria said.
"Baba Ramdev`s allegation that there was a sinister
conspiracy to kill him has to be investigated by the Central
Bureau of Investigation," he said, adding the reign of
repression let lose against thousands of peaceful men, women
and children by 5,000 Delhi policemen should be vehemently
condemned with the contempt it deserves.
It is a naked fascism as practiced by dictators in
Middle Eastern countries, Kataria alleged.
"The Indians are determined to take back Government of
India from their corrupt rulers. Make no mistake; they are
waking up silently, slowly but surely. They are not going to
stop till the goal is reached," the Forum said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok