Forces capable and confident of taking on terror threats: Kapoor
New Delhi: With intelligence agencies warning terrorist attacks on military installations in Jammu and Kashmir, Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor on Tuesday said security forces are "capable and confident" of taking on such threats.
"Any infiltration or militants trying to target security
forces, I think we are very capable and confident of taking on
any such attacks," Kapoor said when asked about warnings of
terror attacks on army installations in Jammu and Kashmir.
On reports of change of tactics by militants in carrying
out attacks on military targets, he said, "We are aware of
change in tactics but we have also refined our procedures to
respond to such tactics."
After last Saturday`s attacks on security forces in
central Srinagar killing a personnel and injuring two others,
intelligence agencies had warned that terrorists could carry
out more attacks on security agencies in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened