Forces capable and confident of taking on terror threats: Kapoor
New Delhi: With intelligence agencies warning terrorist attacks on military installations in Jammu and Kashmir, Army Chief General Deepak Kapoor on Tuesday said security forces are "capable and confident" of taking on such threats.
"Any infiltration or militants trying to target security
forces, I think we are very capable and confident of taking on
any such attacks," Kapoor said when asked about warnings of
terror attacks on army installations in Jammu and Kashmir.
On reports of change of tactics by militants in carrying
out attacks on military targets, he said, "We are aware of
change in tactics but we have also refined our procedures to
respond to such tactics."
After last Saturday`s attacks on security forces in
central Srinagar killing a personnel and injuring two others,
intelligence agencies had warned that terrorists could carry
out more attacks on security agencies in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!