Foreign arms finding way to North-East
Hazaribagh: Interrogation of Maoist armoury head Anil Yadav and arms supplier Prafulla Malakar revealed that the August 29 seizure of US-made M-16 rifle and UK-made bullet-proof jacket came through terrorist outlets operating in the North-East.
Stating this, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik told a news agency here that the three-day interrogation of Yadav and Malakar by the National Investigation Agency and the police which has concluded, confirmed links between Maoists operating in Bihar and Jharkhand and terrorists operating elsewhere in the country.
Stating that foreign arms were finding passage through North Eastern outlets, he refused to disclose the names of terror outfits on security grounds.
He said the two revealed some names and teams would be sent to Delhi and other states for verification.
"We (NIA and state police) have shared the information and agreed to co-operate to contain activities of terrorist organisation in various parts of the country," the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read