Foreign arms finding way to North-East
Hazaribagh: Interrogation of Maoist armoury head Anil Yadav and arms supplier Prafulla Malakar revealed that the August 29 seizure of US-made M-16 rifle and UK-made bullet-proof jacket came through terrorist outlets operating in the North-East.
Stating this, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik told a news agency here that the three-day interrogation of Yadav and Malakar by the National Investigation Agency and the police which has concluded, confirmed links between Maoists operating in Bihar and Jharkhand and terrorists operating elsewhere in the country.
Stating that foreign arms were finding passage through North Eastern outlets, he refused to disclose the names of terror outfits on security grounds.
He said the two revealed some names and teams would be sent to Delhi and other states for verification.
"We (NIA and state police) have shared the information and agreed to co-operate to contain activities of terrorist organisation in various parts of the country," the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers