Foreign arms finding way to North-East
Hazaribagh: Interrogation of Maoist armoury head Anil Yadav and arms supplier Prafulla Malakar revealed that the August 29 seizure of US-made M-16 rifle and UK-made bullet-proof jacket came through terrorist outlets operating in the North-East.
Stating this, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik told a news agency here that the three-day interrogation of Yadav and Malakar by the National Investigation Agency and the police which has concluded, confirmed links between Maoists operating in Bihar and Jharkhand and terrorists operating elsewhere in the country.
Stating that foreign arms were finding passage through North Eastern outlets, he refused to disclose the names of terror outfits on security grounds.
He said the two revealed some names and teams would be sent to Delhi and other states for verification.
"We (NIA and state police) have shared the information and agreed to co-operate to contain activities of terrorist organisation in various parts of the country," the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing