Foreign companies not needed to revive economy: Hazare
Panaji: Criticising Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for inviting foreign companies to the country to prop up the economy, social activist Anna Hazare on Sunday reminded him of Mahatma Gandhi`s idea of first improving the rural economy.
"Prime Minister says we cannot improve the economy without inviting foreign companies, which is absolutely wrong," Hazare said at the ThinkFest conclave here today.
He said that it was not fair to invite foreign companies to the country and hand over to them our land and minerals.
"Mahatma Gandhi had said that if we want to improve the economy of the country, we need to work on improving the economy of the villages," the Gandhian added.
He said that he had himself proved that working in villages could help boost the economy.
"I have worked in several villages without any foreign funding. In the villages where people were living with empty stomachs, we have brought about a change and now they are exporting vegetables," Hazare added.
"Not just corruption, but we have to tackle the issues like human rights and environment," the social activist added.
On the allegations that he was associated with BJP and and the RSS, Hazare said, "This is not new. The tree which bear fruits attracts maximum stones."
"I will walk on my path of truth. Let anyone criticise me," he commented.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah