Foreign funding of Cong, BJP: HC seeks response from EC, Home Ministry
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court has sought response from the Union Home Ministry and the Election Commission on a PIL seeking an inquiry into the foreign contributions of Congress, BJP and other political parties.
The Bench of Chief Justice Dhananjay Yashwant Chandrachud and Justice Rituraj Awasthi sought the response on the PIL filed by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) activist Nutan Thakur and fixed November 28 as the next date for hearing.
In her petition, Thakur had described the ministry`s action against AAP as "one-sided" demanding it to be extended to other political parties too.
Thakur had also sent a letter to the Home Ministry to probe into the alleged violation of the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010 (FCRA) by Congress and BJP for receiving donations of about Rs 5 crore each from Vedanta Group subsidiaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Rupee rules firm for 3rd day, up 10 paise to 67.04 Vs USD
- Mehbooba Mufti's Burhan Wani bombshell - WATCH what exactly she said
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT! This cricket team was bowled out of just 3 runs – Details inside
- Govt mulls curbs on sugar sales at mill level to check prices
- iPhone 7 to be launched on September 16: Report