Foreign funding of Cong, BJP: HC seeks response from EC, Home Ministry
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court has sought response from the Union Home Ministry and the Election Commission on a PIL seeking an inquiry into the foreign contributions of Congress, BJP and other political parties.
The Bench of Chief Justice Dhananjay Yashwant Chandrachud and Justice Rituraj Awasthi sought the response on the PIL filed by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) activist Nutan Thakur and fixed November 28 as the next date for hearing.
In her petition, Thakur had described the ministry`s action against AAP as "one-sided" demanding it to be extended to other political parties too.
Thakur had also sent a letter to the Home Ministry to probe into the alleged violation of the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010 (FCRA) by Congress and BJP for receiving donations of about Rs 5 crore each from Vedanta Group subsidiaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you