Foreign funding of Cong, BJP: HC seeks response from EC, Home Ministry
Lucknow: The Lucknow bench of the Allahabad High Court has sought response from the Union Home Ministry and the Election Commission on a PIL seeking an inquiry into the foreign contributions of Congress, BJP and other political parties.
The Bench of Chief Justice Dhananjay Yashwant Chandrachud and Justice Rituraj Awasthi sought the response on the PIL filed by Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) activist Nutan Thakur and fixed November 28 as the next date for hearing.
In her petition, Thakur had described the ministry`s action against AAP as "one-sided" demanding it to be extended to other political parties too.
Thakur had also sent a letter to the Home Ministry to probe into the alleged violation of the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 2010 (FCRA) by Congress and BJP for receiving donations of about Rs 5 crore each from Vedanta Group subsidiaries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition
- Facebook CEO says group will not become a media company