Foreign Secy Ranjan Mathai meets Dalai Lama
Shimla/Dharamsala: Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai on Thursday held closed-door talks with Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama at his palace at Mcleodganj near Dharamsala.
The Dalai Lama`s office said "issues of common interest" were discussed.
The Dalai Lama and his aides were present at the talks which lasted for about 90 minutes, said a Tibetan official.
The office of Dalai Lama said "it was just a courtesy call and there was discussion on some issues of common interest".
The Dalai Lama had during an interview with Sunday Telegraph in London said that Chinese agents have trained "Vish Kanyas" (bogus female devotees) to kill him with poison while seeking blessings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested