Foreign Secy Ranjan Mathai meets Dalai Lama
Shimla/Dharamsala: Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai on Thursday held closed-door talks with Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama at his palace at Mcleodganj near Dharamsala.
The Dalai Lama`s office said "issues of common interest" were discussed.
The Dalai Lama and his aides were present at the talks which lasted for about 90 minutes, said a Tibetan official.
The office of Dalai Lama said "it was just a courtesy call and there was discussion on some issues of common interest".
The Dalai Lama had during an interview with Sunday Telegraph in London said that Chinese agents have trained "Vish Kanyas" (bogus female devotees) to kill him with poison while seeking blessings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali