Foreign Secy Ranjan Mathai meets Dalai Lama
Shimla/Dharamsala: Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai on Thursday held closed-door talks with Tibetan spiritual leader Dalai Lama at his palace at Mcleodganj near Dharamsala.
The Dalai Lama`s office said "issues of common interest" were discussed.
The Dalai Lama and his aides were present at the talks which lasted for about 90 minutes, said a Tibetan official.
The office of Dalai Lama said "it was just a courtesy call and there was discussion on some issues of common interest".
The Dalai Lama had during an interview with Sunday Telegraph in London said that Chinese agents have trained "Vish Kanyas" (bogus female devotees) to kill him with poison while seeking blessings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!