`Foreign substance` was attached in car: Govt
New Delhi: Initial investigation suggested
that "foreign substance" was attached to an Israeli embassy
car leading to the explosion in the vehicle, government said on Monday night.
"Initial report suggests attachment of foreign substance
in the rear of the vehicle. However, the exact cause of the
explosion will be known only after further investigation by
the Delhi Police," Special Secretary (Internal Security) in
the Home Ministry Ajay Chadha told reporters here.
Chadha said four people, including an employee of the
Israeli embassy, were injured in the incident.
"Driver of the car, who is an Indian citizen and one lady
employee of the Israeli embassy have sustained injuries. Two
other civilians, who were travelling in another car, have also
sustained minor injuries," he said.
The Special Secretary said the incident took place at
around 3.20 pm near Aurangjeb Road crossing.
The Israeli Embassy car exploded close to the mission
here in a suspected coordinated terror attack after a car bomb
involving an Israeli Embassy vehicle in Georgian capital of
Tbilisi was defused.
Reports suggested two youth riding on a motorcycle tailed
the Israeli Embassy vehicle on Aurangzeb Road in the high
security zone, not far from Prime Minister`s official
residence, and allegedly placed "something" in the rear of the
car when it had stopped at a traffic signal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city