`Foreign substance` was attached in car: Govt
New Delhi: Initial investigation suggested
that "foreign substance" was attached to an Israeli embassy
car leading to the explosion in the vehicle, government said on Monday night.
"Initial report suggests attachment of foreign substance
in the rear of the vehicle. However, the exact cause of the
explosion will be known only after further investigation by
the Delhi Police," Special Secretary (Internal Security) in
the Home Ministry Ajay Chadha told reporters here.
Chadha said four people, including an employee of the
Israeli embassy, were injured in the incident.
"Driver of the car, who is an Indian citizen and one lady
employee of the Israeli embassy have sustained injuries. Two
other civilians, who were travelling in another car, have also
sustained minor injuries," he said.
The Special Secretary said the incident took place at
around 3.20 pm near Aurangjeb Road crossing.
The Israeli Embassy car exploded close to the mission
here in a suspected coordinated terror attack after a car bomb
involving an Israeli Embassy vehicle in Georgian capital of
Tbilisi was defused.
Reports suggested two youth riding on a motorcycle tailed
the Israeli Embassy vehicle on Aurangzeb Road in the high
security zone, not far from Prime Minister`s official
residence, and allegedly placed "something" in the rear of the
car when it had stopped at a traffic signal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’