Foreigners coming for projects to be given employment visa: MHA
New Delhi: Foreign nationals coming to execute various projects in the country will only be eligible for an employment visa and not a business visa.
The matter has been examined and it has been decided
that all foreign nationals, including Chinese nationals,
coming for executing projects and contracts will be eligible
to come on employment visa. Grant of this visa will be in
strict conformity with provisions in the Visa Manual, Lok
Sabha was informed today.
The Indian missions in China have issued 1,60,190
business visas since 2007 till June 30, 2009.
"It has come to the notice of this ministry that a large
number of Chinese workers including semi-skilled workers, have
come on business visas to implement/execute various projects
in India," Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullappally
Ramachandran said in a written reply.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living