Forged signatures of VIPs, VVIPs on the rise: Experts
New Delhi: Forging signatures has become so
easy that fraudsters even dared to duplicate those of former
presidents and prime ministers, including late Giani Zail
Singh and Indira Gandhi, for personal benefits, forensic
experts have claimed.
"People duplicate signatures of parliamentarians to get
admissions in colleges, avail loans from different banking
institutions or to get other benefits," Dr Deepak Handa,
forensic scientist in the documentation division, Central
Forensic Sciences Laboratory (CFSL) here, said.
"Fraudsters have duplicated signatures of Indira Gandhi,
Rajiv Gandhi, Shankar Dayal Sharma and Giani Zail Singh to get
personal benefits," he claimed.
"Signatures of many parliamentarians that have been
forged are under investigations," Dr NK Agarwal, forensic
scientist, documentation division, CFSL said.
Giving details about one such case, Dr Handa said, "Four
students had duplicated the signature of former prime minister
Indira Gandhi to get admission in BITS Pilani. They had
produced a letter which had a forged signature of her.
"Things came to light when the institute sent a
confirmation letter to the PM office. The PMO was surprised
and sent a denial stating that they had not made any such
request. After investigations, we found that Indira Gandhi`s
signature was forged," he said.
Handa said, "Forging signatures of VIPs and VVIPs is
easier due to the availability of modern tools. But then it
has also become easier to spot the forgery with the help of
latest forensic techniques."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!