Forged signatures of VIPs, VVIPs on the rise: Experts
New Delhi: Forging signatures has become so
easy that fraudsters even dared to duplicate those of former
presidents and prime ministers, including late Giani Zail
Singh and Indira Gandhi, for personal benefits, forensic
experts have claimed.
"People duplicate signatures of parliamentarians to get
admissions in colleges, avail loans from different banking
institutions or to get other benefits," Dr Deepak Handa,
forensic scientist in the documentation division, Central
Forensic Sciences Laboratory (CFSL) here, said.
"Fraudsters have duplicated signatures of Indira Gandhi,
Rajiv Gandhi, Shankar Dayal Sharma and Giani Zail Singh to get
personal benefits," he claimed.
"Signatures of many parliamentarians that have been
forged are under investigations," Dr NK Agarwal, forensic
scientist, documentation division, CFSL said.
Giving details about one such case, Dr Handa said, "Four
students had duplicated the signature of former prime minister
Indira Gandhi to get admission in BITS Pilani. They had
produced a letter which had a forged signature of her.
"Things came to light when the institute sent a
confirmation letter to the PM office. The PMO was surprised
and sent a denial stating that they had not made any such
request. After investigations, we found that Indira Gandhi`s
signature was forged," he said.
Handa said, "Forging signatures of VIPs and VVIPs is
easier due to the availability of modern tools. But then it
has also become easier to spot the forgery with the help of
latest forensic techniques."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy