Forged signatures of VIPs, VVIPs on the rise: Experts
New Delhi: Forging signatures has become so
easy that fraudsters even dared to duplicate those of former
presidents and prime ministers, including late Giani Zail
Singh and Indira Gandhi, for personal benefits, forensic
experts have claimed.
"People duplicate signatures of parliamentarians to get
admissions in colleges, avail loans from different banking
institutions or to get other benefits," Dr Deepak Handa,
forensic scientist in the documentation division, Central
Forensic Sciences Laboratory (CFSL) here, said.
"Fraudsters have duplicated signatures of Indira Gandhi,
Rajiv Gandhi, Shankar Dayal Sharma and Giani Zail Singh to get
personal benefits," he claimed.
"Signatures of many parliamentarians that have been
forged are under investigations," Dr NK Agarwal, forensic
scientist, documentation division, CFSL said.
Giving details about one such case, Dr Handa said, "Four
students had duplicated the signature of former prime minister
Indira Gandhi to get admission in BITS Pilani. They had
produced a letter which had a forged signature of her.
"Things came to light when the institute sent a
confirmation letter to the PM office. The PMO was surprised
and sent a denial stating that they had not made any such
request. After investigations, we found that Indira Gandhi`s
signature was forged," he said.
Handa said, "Forging signatures of VIPs and VVIPs is
easier due to the availability of modern tools. But then it
has also become easier to spot the forgery with the help of
latest forensic techniques."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city