Forged signatures of VIPs, VVIPs on the rise: Experts
New Delhi: Forging signatures has become so
easy that fraudsters even dared to duplicate those of former
presidents and prime ministers, including late Giani Zail
Singh and Indira Gandhi, for personal benefits, forensic
experts have claimed.
"People duplicate signatures of parliamentarians to get
admissions in colleges, avail loans from different banking
institutions or to get other benefits," Dr Deepak Handa,
forensic scientist in the documentation division, Central
Forensic Sciences Laboratory (CFSL) here, said.
"Fraudsters have duplicated signatures of Indira Gandhi,
Rajiv Gandhi, Shankar Dayal Sharma and Giani Zail Singh to get
personal benefits," he claimed.
"Signatures of many parliamentarians that have been
forged are under investigations," Dr NK Agarwal, forensic
scientist, documentation division, CFSL said.
Giving details about one such case, Dr Handa said, "Four
students had duplicated the signature of former prime minister
Indira Gandhi to get admission in BITS Pilani. They had
produced a letter which had a forged signature of her.
"Things came to light when the institute sent a
confirmation letter to the PM office. The PMO was surprised
and sent a denial stating that they had not made any such
request. After investigations, we found that Indira Gandhi`s
signature was forged," he said.
Handa said, "Forging signatures of VIPs and VVIPs is
easier due to the availability of modern tools. But then it
has also become easier to spot the forgery with the help of
latest forensic techniques."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees