Forget about it: Kalam on US frisking incident
Kolkata: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam
on monday downplayed his frisking by US security officials at New
York`s JFK Airport, saying it was not worth talking about.
"Forget about it. It is not worth talking about," Kalam
said while responding to a question on the sidelines of an
IIMC event here.
80-year-old Kalam was twice frisked at the JFK Airport by
security officials who even took off his jacket and shoes to
check for explosives before he was to board an Air India
flight on September 29.
The US authorities had later apologised to Kalam for the
incident after India protested the matter at the highest
Kalam was also frisked by officials of US airliner
Continental Airlines in April, 2009, despite his name
featuring in the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security`s list of
people exempt from such checks in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed