Forget about it: Kalam on US frisking incident
Kolkata: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam
on monday downplayed his frisking by US security officials at New
York`s JFK Airport, saying it was not worth talking about.
"Forget about it. It is not worth talking about," Kalam
said while responding to a question on the sidelines of an
IIMC event here.
80-year-old Kalam was twice frisked at the JFK Airport by
security officials who even took off his jacket and shoes to
check for explosives before he was to board an Air India
flight on September 29.
The US authorities had later apologised to Kalam for the
incident after India protested the matter at the highest
Kalam was also frisked by officials of US airliner
Continental Airlines in April, 2009, despite his name
featuring in the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security`s list of
people exempt from such checks in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre