Forget about it: Kalam on US frisking incident
Kolkata: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam
on monday downplayed his frisking by US security officials at New
York`s JFK Airport, saying it was not worth talking about.
"Forget about it. It is not worth talking about," Kalam
said while responding to a question on the sidelines of an
IIMC event here.
80-year-old Kalam was twice frisked at the JFK Airport by
security officials who even took off his jacket and shoes to
check for explosives before he was to board an Air India
flight on September 29.
The US authorities had later apologised to Kalam for the
incident after India protested the matter at the highest
Kalam was also frisked by officials of US airliner
Continental Airlines in April, 2009, despite his name
featuring in the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security`s list of
people exempt from such checks in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Watch: Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are spilling love all over at IIFA green carpet!
- Subramanian Swamy's reply to Robert Vadra: 'Concentrate on staying out of jail`
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!
- Congress protests ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Smart City event in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside