Forget about it: Kalam on US frisking incident
Kolkata: Former President APJ Abdul Kalam
on monday downplayed his frisking by US security officials at New
York`s JFK Airport, saying it was not worth talking about.
"Forget about it. It is not worth talking about," Kalam
said while responding to a question on the sidelines of an
IIMC event here.
80-year-old Kalam was twice frisked at the JFK Airport by
security officials who even took off his jacket and shoes to
check for explosives before he was to board an Air India
flight on September 29.
The US authorities had later apologised to Kalam for the
incident after India protested the matter at the highest
Kalam was also frisked by officials of US airliner
Continental Airlines in April, 2009, despite his name
featuring in the Bureau of Civil Aviation Security`s list of
people exempt from such checks in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year