Form joint panel to probe foodgrain import-export scam: Naidu
Vijayawada: Senior BJP leader M Venkaiah Naidu on Friday said Centre should constitute a joint parliamentary committee to probe scams in exports and imports
of foodgrains in the last six years.
"Many scams took place in exports and imports of foodgrains in the last six years of UPA rule. Even though there was a ban on the export of wheat, the government allowed some traders to export wheat from the country," Naidu told reporters here adding wheat was also imported at a price higher than what was prevailing in the country.
There is a need to review the policy of exports and imports of foodgrains and it should be reviewed by the joint Parliamentary Committee, he said.
The leader also said his party will raise the issue in the Parliament and will stage a sit-in on April 21.
"The ministers in the Union cabinet are issuing contradictory statements on the prices of essential commodities," he alleged.
The leader also claimed that the farmers in the country do not receive remunerative prices. "The cost of inputs of agriculture has increased and the farming community
is not happy with the market conditions," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal