Former Army chief VK Singh, Narendra Modi to address rally
New Delhi: Army`s ex-chief Gen (Retd) VK Singh will address an ex-servicemen`s rally in Haryana`s Rewari Sep 15 where Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be the main speaker.
The Haryana unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the party`s ex-servicemen`s cell is organising the rally.
BJP spokesperson Capt Abhimanyu Sunday said Gen VK Singh will speak as "a distinguished guest".
VK Singh had last week termed as "very speculative" reports that he was joining a political party.
Abhimanyu said the organising committee met here and reviewed preparations. It discussed issues of national security and welfare of ex-servicemen, to be raised by Modi during the rally.
Modi is the chief of BJP`s campaign committee for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections and seen to be its prime ministerial candidate.
Abhimanyu said: "This will be the largest rally on issues of national security and welfare of ex-servicemen. Over 1.5 lakh people will attend."
He said several retired officers from the three services and paramilitary forces along with gallantry award winners and families of martyrs would attend the rally.
He said Pakistan continues to abet cross-border terrorism and there was an increase in incursions by China.
"The infirm and inconsistent defence and foreign policies of the UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government have caused grave threat to national security. There is need for a leadership that can enthuse the forces," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket