Former Army chief VK Singh, Narendra Modi to address rally
New Delhi: Army`s ex-chief Gen (Retd) VK Singh will address an ex-servicemen`s rally in Haryana`s Rewari Sep 15 where Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi will be the main speaker.
The Haryana unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the party`s ex-servicemen`s cell is organising the rally.
BJP spokesperson Capt Abhimanyu Sunday said Gen VK Singh will speak as "a distinguished guest".
VK Singh had last week termed as "very speculative" reports that he was joining a political party.
Abhimanyu said the organising committee met here and reviewed preparations. It discussed issues of national security and welfare of ex-servicemen, to be raised by Modi during the rally.
Modi is the chief of BJP`s campaign committee for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections and seen to be its prime ministerial candidate.
Abhimanyu said: "This will be the largest rally on issues of national security and welfare of ex-servicemen. Over 1.5 lakh people will attend."
He said several retired officers from the three services and paramilitary forces along with gallantry award winners and families of martyrs would attend the rally.
He said Pakistan continues to abet cross-border terrorism and there was an increase in incursions by China.
"The infirm and inconsistent defence and foreign policies of the UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government have caused grave threat to national security. There is need for a leadership that can enthuse the forces," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read