Former Army Major General, wife chargesheeted by CBI
New Delhi: After two years of investigation,
the CBI has filed a chargesheet against a former Major General
and his wife for allegedly amassing assets disproportionate to
their known sources of income.
The chargesheet named former Major General Anand Kumar
Kapoor and his wife Mridula before Special CBI Judge in
Patiala House Courts for allegedly possessing disproportionate
assets to the tune of around Rs 3.37 crore.
Gen Kapoor was with the Army Ordnance Corps and posted
with South Western Command at Jaipur when the CBI had
conducted raids at his residence and 11 other places in Delhi,
Gurgaon, Shimla, Jaipur and Mumbai on October 10, 2007.
The CBI said in a statement that during the probe it was
found that the Major General, while functioning as a public
servant in different capacities during the period from
November 14, 1971 to October 10, 2007 had acquired assets,
which were allegedly disproportionate to his known sources of
The Army officer acquired assets either in his own name or
in the name of Hindu Undivided Family (HUF), showing himself
as `Karta`, or in the name of his wife even though she did not
have any ostensible source of income or in the name of his two
children, the CBI statement said.
Being one of the rare cases, the agency has calculated the
assets over a check period stretching over 35 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA