Former BSF CMO convicted in graft
New Delhi: A former Chief Medical Officer posted at BSF Academy in Gwalior has been convicted along with 14 others by a special CBI court in Bhopal for cheating and forgery in recruitment of constables.
B K Sahoo, the then Chief Medical Officer, Border Security Force Academy, Tekanpur, Gwalior, has been sentenced to five years rigorous imprisonment with a total fine of Rs 80,000, CBI said in a statement here today.
The private persons have been sentenced to rigorous imprisonment ranging from six months to five years and slapped with fines ranging from Rs 10,000 to Rs 30,000, it said.
The case was registered at Billowa in Gwalior on the basis of a complaint from BSF Academy, Tekanpur, against 14 accused persons under IPC sections pertaining to cheating, forgery and use of forged documents as original in recruitment of constables (General Duty) in the force over 11 years ago on February 3, 2002.
"The case was subsequently transferred to CBI...After completion of investigation, a charge sheet was filed against B K Sahoo, the then CMO, and other accused persons in the court of special judge, CBI cases, Indore, on September 14, 2005.," CBI said.
The case was transferred to a trial court in Bhopal which found the accused persons guilty and convicted them, it said.
It said the private persons convicted by the court are Shiv Kumar Sahoo, Bhuri Singh, Mukesh Kumar, Vimlesh Kumar, Charan Singh, Keshav Singh Pal, Sarvesh Kumar, Shishupal, Prakash, Veer Singh, Vijay Kumar, Omvir Singh, Harbir Singh, Vinay Kumar and Rupendra Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!