Former govt officers set to join anti-graft movement: Hazare
Panaji: Several retired IAS and IPS officers and also those from the Army are set to join the campaign against corruption, veteran activist Anna Hazare said on Sunday.
Speaking at annual event `ThinkFest` here, Hazare claimed that about 100 retired officers from Army, nine retired IAS officers and several IPS officers including seven former director generals of police (DGP) were joining him.
Announcing his plans, Hazare said that he would start a country-wide tour from January 30 to galvanise people.
"There are lakhs of people who are pledging their support for the movement. Now the aim is not only to have Jan Lokpal Bill passed in Parliament but we also want legislations like Right to Reject and Right to Recall to be passed," Hazare said.
About his association with former Army chief V K Singh, Hazare said that after fighting enemies like Pakistan (which he did during his stint in Army), it is now time to fight enemies within the country.
Talking about his differences with fellow activist Arvind Kejriwal, Hazare maintained that both of them were treading different paths but aiming for the same goal.
"We have chosen different paths, but our aim is same...A corruption-free India," Anna said, adding that Kejriwal is in constant touch with him over phone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head