Former ISRO chief moves CAT
Kochi: Upping the ante, former ISRO chairman
G Madhavan Nair on Monday moved the Central Administrative
Tribunal here, challenging the government`s decision to bar
him from holding government posts for his alleged role in the
controversial Antrix-Devas deal and seeking its quashing.
In a petition, Nair sought quashing of chapter 6 of the
September 2, 2011, report of the high-level team constituted
by the government to examine the facts and circumstances of
agreement between Antrix and Devas Multi Media Private Ltd.
Nair, who is peeved at the government action, sought
quashing of the January 13 order excluding him from right for
re-employment, committee roles or any other important role
under government and its bodies and divesting him of any
current assignment with government and its organisations.
He was also aggrieved by the January 13 order, terminating
his appointment as Dr Vikram Sarabhai Distinguished Professor
and sought a direction to the government for his reinstatement
till the expiry of his four-year term. In the alternative,
he sought adequate compensation.
Nair submitted that after his retirement, his successor
(incumbent Radhakrishnan) had taken up the matter with the
government and pursued it allegedly on the basis of an
internal review, suggesting that the agreement with `Devas`
was `heavily loaded` in favour of the company.
The three government orders had `damaged` his reputation
as an individual and status as a scientist, especially when he
had associated with the Department of Space from its
inception, he said, adding, they had been issued with
`substantial amount of malice`.
The orders were against the principles of fair play and
natural justice and are ab initio void and incompetent for
want of jurisdiction and authority, he submitted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre