Former Lt Governor of Puducherry Rajni Rai passes away
Nagpur: Former Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry and noted academician Dr Rajni Rai passed away in the wee hours Thursday at her residence, family sources said.
Rai, 83, is survived by a son and three daughters.
A former principal of a local girls college, Rai was an active member of BJP women`s wing.
She was Lt Governor of Puducherry from April 1998 to July 2002.
Rai was accorded a state funeral as her body wrapped in tri-colour was taken to a local crematorium.
District Collector Saurabh Rao, Commissioner of Police, KK Pathak, SP Nagpur rural Dr Manoj Sharma and city Mayor Anil Sole were present at the funeral.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO