Former ministry staff member held for forgery
New Delhi: A former ministry of communication
staff member, who allegedly posed as an advocate and forged
documents using fake rubber stamps, has been arrested by Delhi
police for being involved in cases of cheating.
Jagbir Singh, a former PS in the ministry, was arrested
in South Delhi`s Neb Sarai area on Wednesday after police
officials were tipped about his activities.
As many as 20 forged rubber seals of high ranking
government officials he allegedly used to prepare fake
documents like marrigae and birth certificates, handicap
certificates etc, were also recovered from his possession.
Forged documents, including I-cards of Bar Council of
Delhi, were recovered from him and police found on
investigation that the accused was facilitating a recently
married couple in acquiring a marriage certificate
The man, who worked as a Private Secretary in the
Ministry of Communication and IT, was arrested earlier on
similar offences and following a conviction he was given
compulsory retirement in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi