Former ministry staff member held for forgery
New Delhi: A former ministry of communication
staff member, who allegedly posed as an advocate and forged
documents using fake rubber stamps, has been arrested by Delhi
police for being involved in cases of cheating.
Jagbir Singh, a former PS in the ministry, was arrested
in South Delhi`s Neb Sarai area on Wednesday after police
officials were tipped about his activities.
As many as 20 forged rubber seals of high ranking
government officials he allegedly used to prepare fake
documents like marrigae and birth certificates, handicap
certificates etc, were also recovered from his possession.
Forged documents, including I-cards of Bar Council of
Delhi, were recovered from him and police found on
investigation that the accused was facilitating a recently
married couple in acquiring a marriage certificate
The man, who worked as a Private Secretary in the
Ministry of Communication and IT, was arrested earlier on
similar offences and following a conviction he was given
compulsory retirement in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital