Former ministry staff member held for forgery
New Delhi: A former ministry of communication
staff member, who allegedly posed as an advocate and forged
documents using fake rubber stamps, has been arrested by Delhi
police for being involved in cases of cheating.
Jagbir Singh, a former PS in the ministry, was arrested
in South Delhi`s Neb Sarai area on Wednesday after police
officials were tipped about his activities.
As many as 20 forged rubber seals of high ranking
government officials he allegedly used to prepare fake
documents like marrigae and birth certificates, handicap
certificates etc, were also recovered from his possession.
Forged documents, including I-cards of Bar Council of
Delhi, were recovered from him and police found on
investigation that the accused was facilitating a recently
married couple in acquiring a marriage certificate
The man, who worked as a Private Secretary in the
Ministry of Communication and IT, was arrested earlier on
similar offences and following a conviction he was given
compulsory retirement in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj