Former Navy chief backs Gen Singh
New Delhi: Backing the Army Chief in his
ongoing tussle with the government, former Navy Chief Admiral
L N Ramdas on Thursday rubbished the demand for sacking Gen VK Singh.
Ramdas demanded a probe by a sitting or a retired Supreme
Court judge to look into the leakage of the confidential
letter written by Gen Singh to the Prime Minister about the
country`s defence preparedness saying the contents of the
letter would have made India`s enemies very happy.
"Absolutely rubbish. They (government and political
parties) must think hundred times before they even think of
taking any such a decision. They all have scams against
themselves," Ramdas told PTI while commenting on the demand
for dismissal of Gen Singh for allegedly leaking the letter.
"Leakage can`t be attributed to the Chief. He has all the
right to inform the Prime Minister about the state of affairs
in the service but whosoever did so was very wrong in doing
so," the former Navy Chief said.
Defence Minister A K Antony has vowed to take the
"strongest action" against those responsible for the leak of
Gen Singh`s letter to the Prime Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One trillion species on Earth and we know nothing
- US didn't trust Pakistan, so conducted Osama raid alone: Former CIA director Leon Panetta
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 to be declared soon
- Xiaomi Mi 5, Redmi Note 3 open sale today; no need for registration
- United Arab Emirates may build a mountain to increase rainfall!