Former NCERT Director conferred international award
New Delhi: Former NCERT Director J S Rajput
was today conferred the `Jan Amos Comenius Medal and
Certificate` for exceptional achievements in the fields of
educational research and innovation, five years after he was
declared a recipient.
The award instituted jointly by the Czech Republic and
UNESCO was announced in 2004 for Rajput, but was delayed after
the HRD Ministry wrote to UNESCO, saying that certain
inquiries were ordered against him.
Rajput`s tenure as NCERT Director had come under
controversy for alleged saffronisation of history books during
the NDA regime.
However, the inquiry was subsequently dropped and the
MHRD then wrote to the UNESCO to release the award.
Rajput was presented the award by Jan Krueter, Charge
d`Affaires of the Embassy of the Czech Republic and Warren L
Mellor, UNESCO Representative to India in the capital today.
After receiving the award, Rajput said it was a matter
of satisfaction for him that the Supreme Court had upheld the
National Curriculum Framework for School Education of 2002 and
rejected contentions that it was against secular values.
Comenius was a Czech teacher, scientist, writer and
educator. The award was instituted in 1992 on the occassion of
the 400th anniversary of his birth.
It is granted to individual educators, scientists or to
groups of educators after they are identified through National
Commissions for UNESCO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark