Former president APJ Abdul Kalam joins Facebook
New Delhi: Former president APJ Abdul Kalam has become the latest personality to make foray into social networking site, Facebook, where he will share his thoughts on issues concerning the country`s development and his interaction with various sections of people.
81-year-old Kalam, who is already on video sharing website YouTube, will be a regular on Facebook and make his observations about making India a developed nation before 2020.
Called the `Billion Beats`, Kalam`s Facebook page is an extension of his e-paper initiative which he started immediately after he demitted office of President of India in July 2007.
"In his Facebook page, Dr Kalam will share unique moments, his interaction with the unique people and achievers, share the success stories and celebrate the success of fellow Indians who contribute to the development of the nation," V Ponraj, advisor to Kalam and editor of Billion Beats e-paper, said.
The former president would share his thoughts and about his meetings on www.facebook.com/kalambillionbeats every day.
"He will start writing every day on the page and will also encourage the youth who have unique innovative ideas, discuss his visits to various R&D organisations and institutions towards realising the goal of developed India before 2020," Ponraj said.
In his first post yesterday, Kalam wrote about his meeting with Madam Madeleine de Blic of Volontariat in Puducherry on July 8.
"Madeleine has saved thousands of lives in the last five decades. When I met her, I saw in her the service spirit of Mother Teresa and the compassion of Florence Nightingale. The people lovingly call her `Amma! Madaleine Amma!`, and these words of kindness radiate everywhere," he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP