Former RSS chief Sudarshan meets Advani
New Delhi: Former RSS chief KS Sudarshan
on Monday held a breakfast meeting with senior BJP leader LK
Advani at the latter`s residence and is understood to have
discussed the developments within the party and the road ahead
At the meeting, which lasted for about an hour, the
two leaders discussed the performance of the UPA government
as also the current political issues, sources said.
Advani is understood to have sought Sudarshan`s
feedback of the general trend in Maharashtra ahead of the
assembly polls scheduled later this year.
Ram Lal, BJP general secretary (organisation) and the
RSS representative in the party, was also present at the
Sudarshan had sprung a surprise last week when he
had said that Pakistan founder Mohammed Ali Jinnah was
committed to a unified India while taking a softer stand on
the man whom RSS holds primarily responsible for the
Ironically, Sudarshan was the RSS chief when Advani
was forced to step down as party president in 2005 after
praising Jinnah during his Pakistan visit.
This was the first meeting Sudarshan and Advani after
the former`s comments on Jinnah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported