Former RSS chief Sudarshan meets Advani
New Delhi: Former RSS chief KS Sudarshan
on Monday held a breakfast meeting with senior BJP leader LK
Advani at the latter`s residence and is understood to have
discussed the developments within the party and the road ahead
At the meeting, which lasted for about an hour, the
two leaders discussed the performance of the UPA government
as also the current political issues, sources said.
Advani is understood to have sought Sudarshan`s
feedback of the general trend in Maharashtra ahead of the
assembly polls scheduled later this year.
Ram Lal, BJP general secretary (organisation) and the
RSS representative in the party, was also present at the
Sudarshan had sprung a surprise last week when he
had said that Pakistan founder Mohammed Ali Jinnah was
committed to a unified India while taking a softer stand on
the man whom RSS holds primarily responsible for the
Ironically, Sudarshan was the RSS chief when Advani
was forced to step down as party president in 2005 after
praising Jinnah during his Pakistan visit.
This was the first meeting Sudarshan and Advani after
the former`s comments on Jinnah.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy