Former SC judge asks KGB to come clean
Thiruvananthapuram: Former Supreme Court judge K T Thomas has asked ex-CJI K G Balakrishnan to take the initiative in bringing out the truth regarding allegations of disproportionate wealth levelled against his relatives.
"The truth should come out. It is not the necessity of Justice Balakrishnan alone. It is the need of the nation and the judiciary," Justice Thomas said in an interview to a local television channel.
"I don`t know what could be the mechanism for inquiry against retired judges. In this case, Balakrishnan, who is now chairman of the National Human Rights Commission, himself could write to the President of India to order a probe to prove his innocence," he said.
If he is fully convinced that he is clean and that no one had misused his position when he was presiding over the apex court, he should write to the President himself....It is imperative on his part to come clean out of the allegations, the former Supreme Court judge said.
"There is no dispute that the allegations against him are serious. But the allegations need not be true simply because they have been levelled," Thomas, who had worked as co-judge of Balakrishnan in both the Kerala High Court and Supreme Court, said.
Thomas said it was unfortunate that allegations against the Judiciary were coming up in recent times.
"Judiciary has got a vital role to play in Indian democracy. As a person who has served the system for a long period, I am pained," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you