Former Star TV CEO Sameer Nair joins AAP
New Delhi: Media entrepreneur and former CEO of Star TV, Sameer Nair on Friday joined Aam Aadmi Party and will support the party`s Delhi Assembly Election campaign.
Nair, who had been following AAP since its launch, joined the party as "he wanted to contribute in the change that AAP is trying to bring in Indian politics", a party statement said.
"Even though his family and business are based in Mumbai, he has recently been making frequent trips to Delhi to support and contribute in AAP`s communication strategy," the statement said.
Welcoming Nair`s decision, AAP`s national convener Arvind Kejriwal exhorted people to come out and support the party.
Nair`s support is latest in line of many a volunteers that have left their jobs - some in India and some abroad - to support AAP, the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof