Former Star TV CEO Sameer Nair joins AAP
New Delhi: Media entrepreneur and former CEO of Star TV, Sameer Nair on Friday joined Aam Aadmi Party and will support the party`s Delhi Assembly Election campaign.
Nair, who had been following AAP since its launch, joined the party as "he wanted to contribute in the change that AAP is trying to bring in Indian politics", a party statement said.
"Even though his family and business are based in Mumbai, he has recently been making frequent trips to Delhi to support and contribute in AAP`s communication strategy," the statement said.
Welcoming Nair`s decision, AAP`s national convener Arvind Kejriwal exhorted people to come out and support the party.
Nair`s support is latest in line of many a volunteers that have left their jobs - some in India and some abroad - to support AAP, the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert