Former Star TV CEO Sameer Nair joins AAP
New Delhi: Media entrepreneur and former CEO of Star TV, Sameer Nair on Friday joined Aam Aadmi Party and will support the party`s Delhi Assembly Election campaign.
Nair, who had been following AAP since its launch, joined the party as "he wanted to contribute in the change that AAP is trying to bring in Indian politics", a party statement said.
"Even though his family and business are based in Mumbai, he has recently been making frequent trips to Delhi to support and contribute in AAP`s communication strategy," the statement said.
Welcoming Nair`s decision, AAP`s national convener Arvind Kejriwal exhorted people to come out and support the party.
Nair`s support is latest in line of many a volunteers that have left their jobs - some in India and some abroad - to support AAP, the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?