Former union home secretary Singh terms UPA govt `clueless`
Patna: Former union home secretary RK Singh, who joined the BJP on Friday, alleged that the UPA government was clueless about governance and its ministers were corrupt.
"You have 2G scam, Commonwealth Games scam, coalgate which is sufficient to prove his point," Singh told reporters at the BJP headquarters here.
He alleged that rampant corruption was committed in allocation of mines by the Coal Ministry when the PM who was directly heading it but had no control over it.
"They have no true knowledge of grassroots as how a scheme works in a district, sub-division or block level and what is the administrative machinery but comes out with lofty slogans about Aam Admi," Singh said.
The former high profile bureaucrat did not share optimism about Rahul Gandhi becoming Prime Minister, but praised the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi saying that he would give new direction to the country.
"He (Modi) is totally clean and has strong nerve to deliver things, the basic qualities required for a good leader," he said, claiming that the BJP was the only party which did not compromise on internal or external security of the country.
Asked about the reasons for joining the BJP after spurning an offer from Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to make him his Adviser on Infrastructure, Singh listed three.
"First my friends and relatives advised me to do so, secondly Kumar`s growing closeness with Congress and thirdly and lastly rampant corruption prevailing in the state government," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video