Former union home secretary Singh terms UPA govt `clueless`
Patna: Former union home secretary RK Singh, who joined the BJP on Friday, alleged that the UPA government was clueless about governance and its ministers were corrupt.
"You have 2G scam, Commonwealth Games scam, coalgate which is sufficient to prove his point," Singh told reporters at the BJP headquarters here.
He alleged that rampant corruption was committed in allocation of mines by the Coal Ministry when the PM who was directly heading it but had no control over it.
"They have no true knowledge of grassroots as how a scheme works in a district, sub-division or block level and what is the administrative machinery but comes out with lofty slogans about Aam Admi," Singh said.
The former high profile bureaucrat did not share optimism about Rahul Gandhi becoming Prime Minister, but praised the BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi saying that he would give new direction to the country.
"He (Modi) is totally clean and has strong nerve to deliver things, the basic qualities required for a good leader," he said, claiming that the BJP was the only party which did not compromise on internal or external security of the country.
Asked about the reasons for joining the BJP after spurning an offer from Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to make him his Adviser on Infrastructure, Singh listed three.
"First my friends and relatives advised me to do so, secondly Kumar`s growing closeness with Congress and thirdly and lastly rampant corruption prevailing in the state government," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'