Former Union minister Kashiram Rana passes away
Ahmedabad: Former Union minister and dissident BJP leader Kashiram Rana, who recently joined Keshubhai Patel`s Gujarat Parivartan Party, passed away early Friday morning, party sources said. He was 76.
Rana complained of chest pain early morning when he was in the circuit house of the city.
He was rushed to Jiveraj Mehta hospital where he died.
Rana was a textile minister in the A B Vajpayee government.
However, the MP from Surat was sidelined after Narendra Modi became the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Rana had recently joined Gujarat Parivartan Party, floated by Keshubahi Patel, and was busy in election campaign.
Keshubhai Patel and GPP leader Gordhan Zadafia rushed to the hospital after hearing the news.
The body of the departed leader will be taken to Surat where his last rites are likely to be performed later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why