Former Union minister Kashiram Rana passes away
Ahmedabad: Former Union minister and dissident BJP leader Kashiram Rana, who recently joined Keshubhai Patel`s Gujarat Parivartan Party, passed away early Friday morning, party sources said. He was 76.
Rana complained of chest pain early morning when he was in the circuit house of the city.
He was rushed to Jiveraj Mehta hospital where he died.
Rana was a textile minister in the A B Vajpayee government.
However, the MP from Surat was sidelined after Narendra Modi became the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Rana had recently joined Gujarat Parivartan Party, floated by Keshubahi Patel, and was busy in election campaign.
Keshubhai Patel and GPP leader Gordhan Zadafia rushed to the hospital after hearing the news.
The body of the departed leader will be taken to Surat where his last rites are likely to be performed later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured