Former Union minister Kashiram Rana passes away
Ahmedabad: Former Union minister and dissident BJP leader Kashiram Rana, who recently joined Keshubhai Patel`s Gujarat Parivartan Party, passed away early Friday morning, party sources said. He was 76.
Rana complained of chest pain early morning when he was in the circuit house of the city.
He was rushed to Jiveraj Mehta hospital where he died.
Rana was a textile minister in the A B Vajpayee government.
However, the MP from Surat was sidelined after Narendra Modi became the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Rana had recently joined Gujarat Parivartan Party, floated by Keshubahi Patel, and was busy in election campaign.
Keshubhai Patel and GPP leader Gordhan Zadafia rushed to the hospital after hearing the news.
The body of the departed leader will be taken to Surat where his last rites are likely to be performed later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love