Former Union minister Kashiram Rana passes away
Ahmedabad: Former Union minister and dissident BJP leader Kashiram Rana, who recently joined Keshubhai Patel`s Gujarat Parivartan Party, passed away early Friday morning, party sources said. He was 76.
Rana complained of chest pain early morning when he was in the circuit house of the city.
He was rushed to Jiveraj Mehta hospital where he died.
Rana was a textile minister in the A B Vajpayee government.
However, the MP from Surat was sidelined after Narendra Modi became the Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Rana had recently joined Gujarat Parivartan Party, floated by Keshubahi Patel, and was busy in election campaign.
Keshubhai Patel and GPP leader Gordhan Zadafia rushed to the hospital after hearing the news.
The body of the departed leader will be taken to Surat where his last rites are likely to be performed later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog