Former union minister Pazhanoor passes away
Karaikal: Former union minister Aravinda Bala Pazhanoor passed away due to old age in the USA, family sources here said.
He was 78 and is survived by his wife, a son and daughter, all of whom have settled in the USA.
Pazhanoor, who settled in the USA a decade back, passed away on March 20 and his body would be laid to rest in that country on March 27, they said.
Pazhanoor, who was an AIADMK MP, had served as Petroleum Minister in the Charan Singh Cabinet in 1979.
A native of Thiruvettakudi village in Karaikal, he represented Puducherry twice in the Lok Sabha. He was a member of the fifth and sixth Lok Sabha.
He was the first person from a Dravidian party to become Union Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician