Former Union minister Taslimuddin to join JD(U)
Kishanganj (Bihar): Former Union minister of
state for Home Mohammad Taslimuddin Wednesday announced his
decision to join the ruling Janata Dal(U).
Taslimuddin told reporters here that he, along with
thousands of his supporters, would be joining the JD(U) in the
presence of chief minister Nitish Kumar during his visit to
Kishanganj on or before July 5 as part of his ongoing
The former union minister said he would take a vow to
ensure the defeat the RJD-LJP combine and the Congress
party in the forthcoming Assembly elections.
Asked about the rift between the BJP and JD(U) over
publication of advertisements in local papers showing pictures
of Kumar holding the hand of Gujarat chief minister Narendra
Modi, Taslimuddin said "it is an internal matter of the
alliance partners and the matter will be sorted out amicably".
Taslimuddin, a former RJD member, had quit the party in
August last year.
JD(U) national executive reconstituted
Meanwhile, Shyam Razak, former RJD leader and
close aide of Lalu Prasad, has been nominated as one of the
general secretaries of the reconstituted national executive of
Janta Dal (United).
Razak had parted ways from RJD after its poor show in Lok
Sabha polls last year.
He is one of the eight JD-U general secretaries in the new
Javed Raza, who has also been retained as JD-U general
secretary, said the newly constituted executive represented all
sections and will strengthen the party ahead of the Bihar
K C Tyagi has been renominated as chief general
secretary and spokesperson, while Gallangowda Nadgowda, who
was Karnataka unit chief of the party, has been appointed vice
Rajya Sabha MP Shivanand Tewari has also been retained as
party general secretary and spokesperson.
Others nominated as general secretaries are Ramendra Kumar
Ravi, Arun Kumar Srivastava, Chandraj Sindhvi, Bhim Singh and
Ghulam Rasool Baliawi.
Afaque Ahmed Khan, Virendra Singh Bidhudi Shivraj and
Rajiv Jaiswal have been made secretaries. Shivraj and Jaiswal
are new inclusions. Shashi Bhushan Sourabh has been retained
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!