Former Union minister Taslimuddin to join JD(U)
Kishanganj: Former Union minister of
state for Home Mohammad Taslimuddin today announced his
decision to join the ruling Janata Dal(U).
Taslimuddin told reporters here that he alongwith
thousands of his supporters would be joining the JD(U) in the
presence of chief minister Nitish Kumar during his visit to
Kishanganj on or before July five as part of his ongoing
The former union minister said he would take a vow to
ensure the defeat the RJD-LJP combine and the Congress
party in the forthcoming assembly elections.
Asked about the rift between the BJP and JD (U) over
publication of advertisements in local papers showing pictures
of Kumar holding the hand of Gujarat chief minister Narendra
Modi, Taslimuddin said "it is an internal matter of the
alliance partners and the matter will be sorted out amicably".
Taslimuddin a former RJD member had quit the party in
August last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed