Former Union minister Taslimuddin to join JD(U)
Kishanganj: Former Union minister of
state for Home Mohammad Taslimuddin today announced his
decision to join the ruling Janata Dal(U).
Taslimuddin told reporters here that he alongwith
thousands of his supporters would be joining the JD(U) in the
presence of chief minister Nitish Kumar during his visit to
Kishanganj on or before July five as part of his ongoing
The former union minister said he would take a vow to
ensure the defeat the RJD-LJP combine and the Congress
party in the forthcoming assembly elections.
Asked about the rift between the BJP and JD (U) over
publication of advertisements in local papers showing pictures
of Kumar holding the hand of Gujarat chief minister Narendra
Modi, Taslimuddin said "it is an internal matter of the
alliance partners and the matter will be sorted out amicably".
Taslimuddin a former RJD member had quit the party in
August last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends