Former UPA ministers served notices for `unauthorised` stay in govt bungalows
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Acting tough, the Urban Development Ministry under Venkaiah Naidu, Wednesday, served eviction notices to 16 former ministers of the UPA government for not vacating their allotted government bungalows.
Naidu in a written reply in Parliament said that the ministers are staying unauthorised in government bungalows for over a month now and hence were served eviction notices.
Naidu also informed that these ministers owe a total damage charges of Rs. 20,92,463 for one month of unauthorized stay till July 26. Damage charges ranged from Rs 53,250 per month in case of Type V accommodation of Lalchand Kataria to Rs. 2,43,678 for Type III accommodation of Jaipal Reddy.
Other ministers who have been served eviction notices are: Kapil Sibal, Ajit Singh, Dr Farooq Abdullah, Beni Prasad Verma, Pallam Raju, Dr Girija Vyas, Krishna Tirath, Sri Kant Jena, Sachin Pilot, Jitendra Singh, Pradip Jain Aditya, Porika Balram Naik, Killi Kriparani and Manikrao Gavit.
Naidu further informed that another 21 former ministers are staying in general pool bungalows and they have been given fifteen days time to move into their entitled accommodation to be provided by respective House Committees.
These former ministers who are members of either Rajya Sabha or Lok Sabha have been advised to obtain accommodation from their respective pools. These former ministers include AK Anthony, Ghulam Nabi Azad, Mallikarjuna Kharge, Veerappa Moily, Vyalar Ravi, Oscar Fernandes, Jairam Ramesh, Jyothiraditya Scindia, KV Thomas, K Ranhman Khan, KH Muniyappa, Shasi Tharoor, Chiranjivi, Mullappally Ramachandran, Rajiv Shukla, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, AH Khan Choudhury, Ninon Erring, Dr EM Sudershan Nachiappan, KC Venugopal and J Seelam.
In total, 683 flats ranging from Type I to Type VII are under unauthorised occupation of former employees and others for a period ranging from one month to 21 years. All these have been issued eviction notices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened