Former US prez Bill Clinton arrives in Jaipur
Jaipur: Former US President Bill Clinton arrived here tonight on a tour during which he will visit a kitchen being run for schoolchildren by an NGO.
Clinton landed with his delegation at the international airport at Sanganer from where they left for a hotel amidst tight security.
"Clinton is on July 16 scheduled to visit the kitchen in which food is cooked for schoolchildren in the Jagatpura area," said a spokesperson for the NGO, Akshya Patra.
Akshya Patra provides food to a large number of children at government schools as part of the mid-day meal scheme.
On July 17, Clinton will visit?a school and community centre in?Lucknow,?according to a release by the Clinton Foundation.
Jaipur and Lucknow are on the itinerary for Clinton as part of a visit to the Asia/Pacific during which the former US president is also scheduled to travel to Vietnam, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Australia to take stock of the work of the Clinton Foundation and deliver remarks at the 20th International AIDS Conference in Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption