Formula to identify urban poor likely by May
New Delhi: The government Wednesday said the
Committee to suggest a formula for identifying BPL families is
likely to submit its report by May.
Planning Commission had constituted a Committee in 2005
under S R Hashim, to recommend suitable methodology for
identifying BPL families in urban areas.
"The report of the expert group is expected to be
submitted by May 2011," Minister of State for Planning,
Parliamentary Affairs Ashwani Kumar said in reply to Lok
At present, there is no uniform criteria for identifying
persons living below poverty line (BPL) in urban areas.
He also said his ministry is currently analysing results
of a pilot socio-economic survey and a participatory rural
appraisal exercise to finalise the methodology for conducting
the BPL Census 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand