Formula to identify urban poor likely by May
New Delhi: The government Wednesday said the
Committee to suggest a formula for identifying BPL families is
likely to submit its report by May.
Planning Commission had constituted a Committee in 2005
under S R Hashim, to recommend suitable methodology for
identifying BPL families in urban areas.
"The report of the expert group is expected to be
submitted by May 2011," Minister of State for Planning,
Parliamentary Affairs Ashwani Kumar said in reply to Lok
At present, there is no uniform criteria for identifying
persons living below poverty line (BPL) in urban areas.
He also said his ministry is currently analysing results
of a pilot socio-economic survey and a participatory rural
appraisal exercise to finalise the methodology for conducting
the BPL Census 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- We envy you, Sonakshi Sinha!– Here's why
- Aishwarya wanted to be discussed: Sonam Kapoor on 'purple lips' at Cannes
- German bakery blast convict attacks Yug Chandak murder convict Daware in jail
- Mahresult.nic.in HSC Results 2016 Maharashtra Board: MSBSHSE Class 12th XII Exam Results 2016 to be declared today on hscresult.mkcl.org - how to check
- Civilian shot dead in J&K's Kupwara