Formula to identify urban poor likely by May
New Delhi: The government Wednesday said the
Committee to suggest a formula for identifying BPL families is
likely to submit its report by May.
Planning Commission had constituted a Committee in 2005
under S R Hashim, to recommend suitable methodology for
identifying BPL families in urban areas.
"The report of the expert group is expected to be
submitted by May 2011," Minister of State for Planning,
Parliamentary Affairs Ashwani Kumar said in reply to Lok
At present, there is no uniform criteria for identifying
persons living below poverty line (BPL) in urban areas.
He also said his ministry is currently analysing results
of a pilot socio-economic survey and a participatory rural
appraisal exercise to finalise the methodology for conducting
the BPL Census 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali