Foundation, super structure of Taj Mahal stable: Minister
New Delhi: Foundation and super structure
of Taj Mahal are stable and secure and it is in a good state
of preservation, Minister of State for Planning and
Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy told the Rajya Sabha.
"The scientific studies carried at the behest of
Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) on various structural
aspects of the Taj Mahal by Survey of India, Dehradun and
Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee have shown that
the foundation of the monument as well as its super structure
are stable and secure," Narayanasamy, who also holds ad-hoc
charge of Culture Ministry, said in a written reply.
He said essential conservation works on the monument
are regularly carried out by the ASI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`