Foundation, super structure of Taj Mahal stable: Minister
New Delhi: Foundation and super structure
of Taj Mahal are stable and secure and it is in a good state
of preservation, Minister of State for Planning and
Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy told the Rajya Sabha.
"The scientific studies carried at the behest of
Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) on various structural
aspects of the Taj Mahal by Survey of India, Dehradun and
Central Building Research Institute, Roorkee have shown that
the foundation of the monument as well as its super structure
are stable and secure," Narayanasamy, who also holds ad-hoc
charge of Culture Ministry, said in a written reply.
He said essential conservation works on the monument
are regularly carried out by the ASI.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know