Founder of Super30 classes gets Ramanujan Mathematics award
Rajkot: Leading mathematician and founder of Super30 classes Anand Kumar was conferred this year`s prestigious Ramanujan Mathematics Award on Monday at the Eighth National Mathemaics Convention organised by a city-based school.
Renowned atomic scientist Pitamber Patel and famous scientist J J Rawal presented the cash award of Rs 20,000 to Kumar.
The annual award is given to a person who has at least three papers published in international journals and is involved in teaching mathematics.
Kumar`s papers have been published in a number of international journals including Mathematical Spectrum and Mathematical Gazette of the UK.
He was thrice invited jointly by the Mathematical Association of America and the American Mathematical Society to present his papers.
Kumar, who is a native of Bihar is founder of Super30, which imparts free residential mentoring to 30 selected students from underprivileged families for IIT entrance exam and has achieved international recognition for social awakening.
"I am planning to write mathematic books to project the subject in an interesting way and help students learn the subject easily," Kumar said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India