Founder of Super30 classes gets Ramanujan Mathematics award
Rajkot: Leading mathematician and founder of Super30 classes Anand Kumar was conferred this year`s prestigious Ramanujan Mathematics Award on Monday at the Eighth National Mathemaics Convention organised by a city-based school.
Renowned atomic scientist Pitamber Patel and famous scientist J J Rawal presented the cash award of Rs 20,000 to Kumar.
The annual award is given to a person who has at least three papers published in international journals and is involved in teaching mathematics.
Kumar`s papers have been published in a number of international journals including Mathematical Spectrum and Mathematical Gazette of the UK.
He was thrice invited jointly by the Mathematical Association of America and the American Mathematical Society to present his papers.
Kumar, who is a native of Bihar is founder of Super30, which imparts free residential mentoring to 30 selected students from underprivileged families for IIT entrance exam and has achieved international recognition for social awakening.
"I am planning to write mathematic books to project the subject in an interesting way and help students learn the subject easily," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof