Founder of Super30 classes gets Ramanujan Mathematics award
Rajkot: Leading mathematician and founder of Super30 classes Anand Kumar was conferred this year`s prestigious Ramanujan Mathematics Award on Monday at the Eighth National Mathemaics Convention organised by a city-based school.
Renowned atomic scientist Pitamber Patel and famous scientist J J Rawal presented the cash award of Rs 20,000 to Kumar.
The annual award is given to a person who has at least three papers published in international journals and is involved in teaching mathematics.
Kumar`s papers have been published in a number of international journals including Mathematical Spectrum and Mathematical Gazette of the UK.
He was thrice invited jointly by the Mathematical Association of America and the American Mathematical Society to present his papers.
Kumar, who is a native of Bihar is founder of Super30, which imparts free residential mentoring to 30 selected students from underprivileged families for IIT entrance exam and has achieved international recognition for social awakening.
"I am planning to write mathematic books to project the subject in an interesting way and help students learn the subject easily," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world