Founder of Super30 classes gets Ramanujan Mathematics award
Rajkot: Leading mathematician and founder of Super30 classes Anand Kumar was conferred this year`s prestigious Ramanujan Mathematics Award on Monday at the Eighth National Mathemaics Convention organised by a city-based school.
Renowned atomic scientist Pitamber Patel and famous scientist J J Rawal presented the cash award of Rs 20,000 to Kumar.
The annual award is given to a person who has at least three papers published in international journals and is involved in teaching mathematics.
Kumar`s papers have been published in a number of international journals including Mathematical Spectrum and Mathematical Gazette of the UK.
He was thrice invited jointly by the Mathematical Association of America and the American Mathematical Society to present his papers.
Kumar, who is a native of Bihar is founder of Super30, which imparts free residential mentoring to 30 selected students from underprivileged families for IIT entrance exam and has achieved international recognition for social awakening.
"I am planning to write mathematic books to project the subject in an interesting way and help students learn the subject easily," Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves