Four BSF men killed in Naxal attack in Odisha
Zee Media Bureau
Koraput: At least four Border Security Force personnel were killed and two injured when Naxals blew up their vehicle in an IED blast in Odisha`s Koraput district on Tuesday.
A convoy of three BSF vehicles carrying 18 personnel was ambushed when it was travelling from Patangi to Sunki in the district at around 9:30 am during an official movement, sources said.
The Improvised Explosive Device (IED), embedded in the road, exploded as the first vehicle in the convoy crossed the area, resulting in the death of three troopers.
Two injured personnel have been rushed to the nearby hospital in Sunki while a gunfight was on at the blast site when the reports last came in.
Additional reinforcements from state police and paramilitary force have been rushed, the sources said.
Koraput is about 363 kms from state capital Bhubaneshwar.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Tinder rolls out its new feature in India
- Transgenders to soon be categorised as 'third gender', can change gender after sex-change surgery
- 'Don't abandon search', MH370 families plead
- Watch this beautiful video of Grand Canyon of Tuolumne River from space!
- India link emerges in $3.5-billion forex trading fraud at HSBC