Four BSF men killed in Naxal attack in Odisha
Zee Media Bureau
Koraput: At least four Border Security Force personnel were killed and two injured when Naxals blew up their vehicle in an IED blast in Odisha`s Koraput district on Tuesday.
A convoy of three BSF vehicles carrying 18 personnel was ambushed when it was travelling from Patangi to Sunki in the district at around 9:30 am during an official movement, sources said.
The Improvised Explosive Device (IED), embedded in the road, exploded as the first vehicle in the convoy crossed the area, resulting in the death of three troopers.
Two injured personnel have been rushed to the nearby hospital in Sunki while a gunfight was on at the blast site when the reports last came in.
Additional reinforcements from state police and paramilitary force have been rushed, the sources said.
Koraput is about 363 kms from state capital Bhubaneshwar.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you